- Many areas 'lack out-of-school care'A report suggests large areas of the country are not providing enough out-of-school childcare for primary-age children.
- Arrest over octogenarian car crashAn 85-year-old man is arrested on suspicion of driving a car at another octogenarian in a Lancashire village.
- Biggest Japan defence budget soughtJapan's defence ministry has requested its biggest ever budget amid severe tensions with China over a maritime dispute in the East China Sea.
- GCHQ protest 'delayed by day'The first of three days of protest by online activists outside the UK Government Communications Headquarters is delayed, the BBC understands.
- Ukraine 'to seek Nato membership'Ukraine's PM says he will ask MPs to put the country on course for Nato membership, as the alliance discusses the crisis.