- Cancer-killing cells made in the labScientists from Harvard Medical School have discovered a way of turning stem cells into killing machines to fight brain cancer.
- 'Edging toward the EU exit?' - the front pagesSaturday's newspapers focus mainly on the row over the European Union's demand for an additional £1.7bn from the UK. There is also the tale of the woman who is allergic to Simon Cowell.
- Scottish Labour leader to stand downJohann Lamont is to stand down as leader of the Scottish Labour Party with immediate effect after criticising her Westminster colleagues.
- US golf boss sacked in Poulter rowTed Bishop, president of the PGA of America, is sacked after calling Ian Poulter a 'little girl' on social media.
- The hardship posting to end all hardship postingsThe furnace-like island that may have inspired an English idiom.